Link Redirect Trace
Is your Link Power passing through Redirects?
Do you know if your links and, in particular, your redirects pass link juice?
Can find all links that go thru more than say 5 hops?
Having a Link Redirect Trace helps you
- Check whether your redirects are SEO-technically good.
- Get a better understanding of SEO history
- Find which links have more than N hops.
- Estimate if your links pass link juice or not.
- Understand where cookies are set
Analyze your redirect chains.Start today.
What are Link Redirects?
Domains do not only have backlinks, but often also have redirects. Redirection is a situation where one URL gets forwarded to another URL using a technical instruction on your webserver.
There are several types of redirects and combinations of other technical aspects. It is a good idea to check your redirects and keep track of changes, as the wrong setup can cost you your rankings.
If these are your own sites redirecting to you and you see that some Link Juice is lost, you can do something against this and make proper redirects to get an advantage out of them. If a strange domain is redirecting to you, you should check this case in more detail and find out if this is a valuable website or if it is harming you that you would then disavow.
How does a Link Redirect Trace look like?
In the example we see a cross-domain redirect trace
- based on the own network links between the two brand domains LinkResearchTools.com and LinkResearchTools.de
- a removed link 1 that said “lrt in deutsch” linking to the German home-page LinkResearchTools.de – sitewide actually – that was last seen 2 days ago, i.e. removed since
- a 301 redirect 2 from http://www.LinkResearchTools.de to https://www.LinkResearchTools.de
- a 302 redirect 3 from https://www.LinkResearchTools.de to https://www.LinkResearchTools.com/de/ which is the new home of the German website of LinkResearchTools
- a 200 page returning the new German homepage from the .com
We can interpret this as good, as the English and German interlinking happens anyways automatic and also for Searchengines via HREFLANG now, so that sitewide link was redundant anyways.
Don't miss our free Link Redirect Trace extension
Used by 10.000s of SEOs, this extension helps you perform advanced, comprehensive and accurate redirect path analysis from your browser.
This interactive analysis is very helpful for editors and spotted singular problems.